With each passing day, e-commerce is gaining its momentum, and if market experts are to be believed then it is predicted that by 2022 online sales will account for almost 17-18% of total sales in the US. Thus, it becomes imperative for all businesses to go online if they want to survive in the competition. Also, those who are already in the business need to buckle up their strategies and must think out of the box to survive in the market.
The approach should be to have a one-of-a kind-website and not one-of-a-kind-product. It has been observed that people are more inclined to buy products from the website that appeals to them the most and with which they can connect well.
A website must be designed in a way that is simple yet captivating to attract the masses. With the right kind of content and branding, one can easily turn their customers into brand ambassadors who can further help to elevate the sales. Here are some of the best e-commerce businesses that have just entered the market but are already doing wonders.
- Chubbies: If you want to see the content which is different and distinguished from its counterparts then this is the perfect e-commerce website to look for. The brand values its customers and thus it has something for everyone to offer in terms of content. The website offers everything from swimwear to sports shorts. The owners of the brand also won the 2015 Gorilla e-commerce awards and after that, there was no looking back as they have been leading in all the aspects. The USP of their website is the specially curated content for their customers to make them feel valued and part of the family.
- Myntra: One brand that needs no introduction, the best part about this amazing fashion website is that customers can easily operate the same from their smartphones. Myntra is owned by Flipkart and has been ruling the e-commerce fashion industry since its inception. The unique thing about this e-commerce website is that it has something for all the classes, especially it serves as a one-stop-shop for middle-class people for all their fashion needs.
- Goulet Pens: Goulet pens are a one-stop-shop for all your stationery needs, it is like a Wikipedia of stationery where you can find anything to everything. This e-commerce website knows how to build relationships and how to hold their prime customers. The content they publish on their website is captive enough to turn their customers into one loyal brand ambassadors.
Strategies These Brands Have opted to Make Their E-Commerce Websites a Huge Success:
- Offering Discounts: Most of the brands running successfully usually offer a great range of discounts to their customers in the form of coupons and points. Once customers have these points and coupons it becomes a vicious circle of buying and rebuying. Incentive lures everybody and thus customers are no exceptions to the rule. However, the discount strategy needs to be implemented well else it may also give a wrong impression of a cheap marketing strategy.
- Loyalty Program: Another strategy that these e-commerce websites are following to make their loyal customers part of their family forever. This is the perfect strategy if you want your customers to keep buying from your website, also it is a way to make your regular customers feel privileged and special. Customers get various rewards through these loyalty programs which they can easily redeem at the time of their purchase. There can be a lot that can be done through the loyalty program club but the most important feature is the accumulation of points that can be redeemed in the form of discounts.
- Giveaways: Most of the brands also have giveaway strategies for their loyal customers. Everyone loves gifts and this fact can never be denied, getting one or two gifts once in a while is nothing short of a surprise that these brands give to their customers. Websites must promote giveaways on social networking websites to ensure that message reaches to masses.
- Referral Points: Another marketing strategy that these brands opt for is the referral points. It is observed that 50% of people buy stuff from a particular website on recommendations and referrals. Giving special discounts or points to those who refer your brand to their friends and family is yet another way to grow your already growing family.
- Speed: Speed at which your website is responding is yet another important factor. If your website is taking more than three seconds to open then you may end up losing many customers thus it is really important to ensure that your website is quickly responding and leaving no stone unturned to return to customers queries in no time. Once the customer gets frustrated because of speed he may never visit your website again.
However, what is more, important above everything is to market your website well and make sure that everything unique in your website must reach the masses through social media or any other platform else work done will be wasted.
Jignesh Vaghasiya is the CEO at Universal Stream Solution. Universal Stream Solution is a web development company in Atlanta that helps startups to enterprise companies in mobile & web technology.