The advent of eCommerce has taken the world by storm. More and more businesses these days are coming up on the World Wide Web and making their presence felt.
With so many options around, naturally, customers are getting overtly confused about which to choose and competition is havoc on this platform. That is why e-stores today should leave no stones unturned to market about their business and solidify their brand image.
Amidst the various channels that are available today, Pinterest offers a huge opportunity for both the b2b and consumer companies. It does not just help to augment your sales and engagement but it can also build a strong brand name for your business.
Over 75 million users are registered on Pinterest and a majority of them are women. Pinterest is also the top game-changers for e-commerce alongside Twitter and Facebook.
But remember that Pinterest is not social media, rather it is a search engine. So if you utilize this platform with the right words it will yield results and your audience can find you and your products easily.
Purchasers are using Pinterest to find relevant products today.
If you can put to use the right method your pins and products can be driving traffic and circulating for about 7 months ( much longer than the usual social media trends).
So if you too want to empower your business with Pinterest, here are some tips.
- Set Up a Business Profile on Pinterest – If you desire to get serious about using Pinterest for driving traffic, it is a must that you use a business profile that is absolutely free. The business profiles offer free analytics as they permit to link the website to Pinterest. This way you can use rich pins and give your profile a professional look.
It takes less than a few minutes and it is essential to gauge how your audience is perceiving your page.
- Categorize Your Products Under Different Boards – Just like your e-commerce site, you should categorize the contents on the Pinterest profile. Almost all eCommerce businesses deal with a variety of products belonging to different categories. Hence you must create different boards for pinning different product categories. If you categorize different products, you do not just help people to browse through the products, it also assists them to follow the board as per the interest. This way people can get the products of their choice which puts legitimate shoppers in your crosshairs. For example, if yours is a woman’s boutique, you can categorize the products under headings like – “Designs for Bedroom”, “Clothes for Women” etc.
- Share Appealing and Visual Content – It is a visual platform. Hence it is vital to share engaging, interesting, and appealing content. This is going to encourage the new followers to re-pin. The users in Pinterest like inspiring quotes, photos, and images. These, however, must be informative and useful. Be creative and see which type of content gains more engagement from the target audience when compared with others. You can also utilize Pinterest analytics to know what drives more traffic. If you have the “Pin It” button added, you can know how many people are pinning and repining your boards. You can utilize this info for creating more of it.
- Make Use of Keywords – As mentioned before, Pinterest is a search engine and not social media. Therefore you must use keywords to be discovered. So where to use the keywords?
a) Your name on Pinterest
b) Your Profile Description
c) Pin Descriptions
d) Your Boards
e) Pin Titles
Just use them wherever you can. You should utilize those words that your audience is searching with. At the time of selecting keywords, you should keep in mind–
a) Type of products that you have
b) How to find if you are looking for them
c) What words to use if you describe them
You may be already using some of those keywords on Shopify, Etsy, or other e-commerce sites. You can use them as well. Just remember that your audience is a priority here and so you must concentrate on what they are searching for not what you think they are looking for.
- Schedule Your Pins – In order to build up your followers, it is a must that you maintain a consistent sharing strategy. With the help of social media scheduling tools, you can save effort and time by planning the content in advance. This way you can space out the contents evenly through the day. This also gives you the opportunity to engage with your audience and maintain your presence. So whether you are sharing your content or your image, you can create posting strategies for the future and schedule them accordingly for achieving desirable results.
Apart from these, just like experts of Magento development India can suggest on how to create the most appealing and functional website for your business, the digital marketing aficionados can provide the most effective tips for creating a strategic Pinterest plan that will yield desirable results.
Sawoni Chowdhury is an aficionado of writing. She is an expert writer and blogger and shares her views and opinions on a range of topics such as Lifestyle, Business, Entertainment, and a lot more.