The new year is the best time to work on new goals or introduce fresh goods to your market. After all, the start of the year is when people are more open to starting with a clean slate and welcoming changes.
However, it isn’t enough to just set any kind of goal. You must consider what worked in the previous year and gear towards how you can make your brand bigger. If you want to keep learning about how to make money online or offline, you should be fearless when it comes to refreshing your brand time and time again.
Being fearless doesn’t mean jumping on the bandwagon or doing elaborate plans without considering their feasibility. You need to couple your boldness with ingenuity and critical thinking. Here are some practical steps in refreshing your business brand this 2018:
1. Revitalize your content strategy
People love stories and are drawn towards brands that tell them well. Here are some things you can do to revitalize your content strategy:
- Hire a content writer VA (virtual assistant). If you haven’t yet, you’re doing your company a disservice. Professional content writers know the tools and strategies to get you a high website ranking in Google.
- Repurpose your popular content. Which blog posts earned many shares and likes in the past? Can you use the same content and turn it into an infographic, video, or e-book?
- Learn from your competitors. Using Google, search for the most compelling rivals in your niche. What topics do their followers respond to the most? How do they market similar services? Retain your brand’s uniqueness, but find out what your target market resonates with.
2. Expand your color palette
Adding a new shade to your brand color can stir up your market’s interest. If your brand colors do not contain a shade that pops, now is the best time to spice it up. Modern color palettes that many brands use include bright shades such as lime green, bright blue, orange, and magenta. If you think these colors don’t align with your products or company, you can just incorporate them into new campaigns.
3. Invest in quality visual content
Run through your collection of product images and videos including the ones in your social networks. If you aren’t a customer yet, would these videos and photos be compelling enough to win you over? If you don’t have the equipment to produce quality videos or photos for your campaigns, you can always hire a virtual assistant to help you out. For regular content images, you can use stock photos from Pixabay or Adobe to make your posts more compelling.
4. Continue educating yourself
Your brand is only as good as the team behind it. You don’t want to get left behind and be known as the dinosaur of your niche! Make sure that you and your team get constant education whether through online and offline means. If you stay updated, your brand also stays in the loop of things. This is how you stay relevant and interesting to your market.
Don’t just wait for luck to make 2018 a good year for your business. Follow these practical steps in refreshing your business brand so you can own this year for sure.
Catherine vanVonno, the author, is the President and Executive Director of 20Four7VA, a global Virtual Assistant (VA) Service Provider. She holds a doctorate degree in Applied Statistics, Research Design and Program Evaluation from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and has over 10 years of experience in facilitating evidence-based strategic planning, product development, brand management, legislative communications, and medical policy. She is married and has four children. You can reach her at email@example.com.
Automate the process of adding product descriptions to your online store. Introducing AdZis – An AI-Powered E-Commerce Content Engine