How Can We Help?
Things To Know Before Starting A Shopify Dropshipping Business
Starting a Shopify dropshipping business looks simple. But if you realize that running a business is a lot harder than just starting a business, the toughest part is about getting customers for your online store. Let us come back to that later.
Steps to start a Shopify dropshipping business
- Finding the right dropshipping suppliers and merchants. The most common ones are Amazon and AliExpress
- Signing up with Shopify for a store.
- Integrating dropshipping plugins/extensions like Oberlo
- Setting up an inventory management system
- Setting up a customer support team to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Handling billing & payments – you should integrate with Paypal or some other payment gateway to receive payments into your bank account.
But above all, the most important point that defines your success as a dropshipper is your customer acquisition strategy. In a dropshipping business on Shopify with smaller margins, it is always about finding a cheap and sustainable customer acquisition model. When cost per acquisition has to be kept low to remain profitable, organic traffic is the best possible solution.
But that will come at a cost. Organically building your SEO with backlinks will be time-consuming. Hence, making your product pages content-rich and long-tail optimized is the best solution. Here is a case study on how this strategy works for your online store: