The spectrum of digital marketing is ever-changing and with social media marketing gaining exponential popularity, the marketers include it in their email marketing and other marketing efforts.
- Social media and email marketing, especially Instagram, are probably the two easiest modes of marketing to integrate as compared to any other marketing procedures considered.
- More importantly, both will provide you with the significant benefits of it and in combination will increase your marketing efforts.
- In fact, social media and email marketing strategies will help you to supersede and reach your internet marketing goals much comprehensively.
There are lots of studies conducted on the companies that gave up email marketing campaigns only to focus on social media marketing. The results showed that companies that focused on digital or Instagram marketing strategies only had success in a few cases, making it an ‘out of the blue’ instance.
Social marketing experts like Gramista and others suggest that the norm is to integrate email marketing in your social media strategy so that you can:
- Extend email reach
- Identify key influencers
- Grow your subscriber list
- Enhance your email communications
- Add social connection options and
- Get a different platform altogether to engage with your audience.
All these will provide you with a greater opportunity to raise the level of engagement with your patrons and subscribers.
Extending reach of emails
If only you know how to integrate email marketing with your social media efforts you will be able to expand your target audience and extend the reach of your emails. This will ensure that you grow your email sign up list at a rapid pace.
The most significant way in which you can reach out to the younger generation on social media and interact with them with much brand authority, the best way is to:
- Put faces to the email subscribers
- Retarget the subscribers and
- Upload your list of contacts.
This will make your relationship with your customers much stronger and help you to connect with and engage them on social media. In addition to that, it will also provide you with more data from their social network feeds so that you can come to know about their varying needs and demands. This will, in turn, help you to design your blog posts and other digital products that will touch their pain points.
Once you are done with it, you should now focus on creating an ad that will retarget them much more effectively and easily. However, if you are new to Facebook Advertising, take the help of a professional or take the help of the beginner’s guide to run successful Facebook Ads.
Making it work together
There are lots of ways in which you can make social and email strategies work well together but ideally there two specific ways that most marketers follow. These are:
- Putting the social strategies to best uses to grow their email subscribers list and
- Using their email strategies to encourage sharing on social media platforms among social followers to grow their social fan base.
While using the social channels to grow your email list you must grow the interest of the people on your brand. It is only them they may be interested in your emails. For this you will have to:
- Know and follow the best ways to engage the active follower base
- Educate your customers regarding your emails
- Keep the sign-up process as easy as possible for them
- Remind the followers about your newsletter
- Provide them with a link to reach to the signup page and
- Make it clear to them about the benefits of signing up in the most articulate manner.
All you have to do for this is to create attention among your customers by offering them different signup incentives such as discounts and deals exclusive for email subscribers. Also, make sure that you provide them with a preview of the deals and discounts as well as the type of content they may expect from the newsletter.
Tools to use
There are different useful tools that will help you a great deal in the process of integrating social media and email marketing and promote your business, large, small or nonprofit.
- The social media buttons that you need to add to your emails will allow the readers exactly where to look for you in a large number of social media networks. The fans will also be able to have a fair view of the social profile of your organization when they click on these buttons.
- The share bar is another useful tool to include at the top of your email. This bar is actually a series of social buttons arranged in a row that will allow the readers to share the content with their family and friends on social media. By clicking on any of these social buttons, the readers can also post a link on their social pages to your emails so that other visitors can click on the link to read your email.
Apart from that, you can also use a Simple share to publish a link to your email. This will create a message for each social network automatically using the subject line along with a URL that will link to your email.
All these will give you a chance to enhance the reach of your emails among social audiences.
Recycle your content
Most of the small business owners often overlook this step. However, this easy step will enhance the performance of your social media and email marketing channels. All you need to have is a team that communicates with each other and a proper system in place.
This will provide you with some immediate and obvious advantage such as sharing assets among teams. This is ideally the cheapest and greatest strategy for social media integrated email marketing. Recycling content is the most basic step to follow but it will surely take your email and social marketing to the next level.
All these tactics if followed properly will surely eliminate the gap between email marketing and social media ensuring great results.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.